Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Angel Gowns NZ



This set was sewn by Dawn Solomon
and being sent to Blair E Batson Hospital,
Jackson, Ms.
They are sent love and prayers.
 http://www.angelgowns.chauglie.com/dresses.htm
 
 
Ann Chin shared Angel Gowns NZ's status.


an amazing person doing an amazing job. She makes gowns for babies who have departed. I remember when Andrew died, I had not bought anything for him. I asked his favourite nurse Daphne to give him a lemon knitted gown. I am not as skilful to make tiny gowns, I knit blankets.

As a midwife I have suported families through the tragedy of losing a baby, In Hamilton where I work, parents are given every opportunity to bathe, cuddle and dress their precious baby. Some of these babies are born earlier than expected and don't fit the clothing their mum and dad may have chosen for them, or sometimes it is too hard for parents to shop for their angel baby in a mainstream shop.

A friend forwarded some information on to me about an Australian company who make beautiful gowns out of recycled wedding dresses. What better way to help than to offer this service in New Zealand. So as a group, of as many volunteers I can find, we want to provide beautiful gowns for beautiful angels.

Do you have a wedding or bridesmaids dress in the back of your wardrobe? And want to donate to enable parents to dress their angels, afterall we all deserve to go to heaven in a beautiful gown. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment